The Earth observation satellite KazEOSat-1 recently expanded Airbus Defence and Space’s broad constellation services.
KazEOSat-1, launched in April 2014, is a very high-resolution (1 metre) satellite that provides high quality mono and stereo monitoring over challenging Areas of Interest for applications in the fields of monitoring natural and agricultural resources, mapping, as well as defence and security applications.
KazEOSat-1 was manufactured by Airbus Defence and Space, and is operated by Kazakhstan Gharysh Sapary (KGS).
• Orbit: sun-synchronous, 630-km altitude
• Spectral bands: Panchromatic (PAN) – 1 band, Multispectral (MS) - 4 bands: Blue, Green, Red and Near-Infrared
• Spatial resolution: PAN: 1m, MS: 4m
• Swath: 20km
• Revisit time: 2-3 days according to latitude
• Acquisition capacity: 220,000km² per day
Built with a >7-year life warranty, KazEOSat-1 assures high-resolution data delivery service through to 2021.