Related to Connected Intelligence Website
Airbus Defence and Space SAS and its Affiliates (also known as, “Airbus”, or “we” or “us”) appreciate(s) your interest in our products, services and business lines and your use of our websites, portals and “apps” (“Websites”).
Connected Intelligence Website aims at introducing Airbus services in the frame of secure connectivity and ensuring that mission and business critical communication run safely, securely and efficiently:
Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable using our Websites, contacting us and subscribing to our Imagine360° Newsletter.
Airbus is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (reference EU2016/679) on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred as : “GDPR”) as well as each applicable national Personal Data protection laws and regulations The protection of your privacy and Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention throughout our [business] processes.
However, the Website will include links to other websites or applications which are not necessarily covered by this Privacy Notice. In this event, we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of such websites.
This Privacy Notice will inform you of the Personal Data we collect; how we use and disclose your Personal Data; how you can control the use and disclosure of your Personal Data; and how we protect your Personal Data.
Which sources and what Personal Data do we use?
Personal Data is information that can be used to identify a person either directly or indirectly (hereinafter referred as “Personal Data”). This definition covers a wide range of data enabling the identification of an individual.
The Personal Data we process under this Privacy Notice are as follows:
- Identification data: Name, Prefix, Surname, Gender Identity
- Professional data: Telephone Number, Business Contact E-mail Address, Work address, Employer name, Job Title, Position
- IT data /Digital activity data: Message sent, Upload shape file, Area of interest, Type of request
- Account information: Authentication Information, Password, Preferred language
We may collect this Personal Data directly from you by fulfilling a form, by entering contact details, by navigating to our Website.
What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
Airbus will collect and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (hereinafter referred as: the ‘Purposes’):
- Website Browsers / Administration.
We use your Personal Data for administrative purposes, including to help us better understand how our customers access and use our websites and applications; to provide reports to prospective partners, service providers, regulators, and others; to implement and maintain security, anti-piracy, fraud prevention, and other services designed to protect our customers, partners and us; and to enforce our policies, directives and processes.
To the extent permitted by law, we may use your Personal Data for marketing and promotional purposes, including communications through email or equivalent electronic means. For example, we use your Personal Data, such as your email address, to send news and newsletters, special offers, promotions and competitions, or to otherwise contact you about services or information we think will interest you.
We use your Personal Data to communicate with you, including responding to requests for assistance/information. We can communicate with you in a variety of ways, including email and via your social media accounts if you have agreed, and/or text message.
- Customer service.
We use your Personal Data for customer service purposes, including providing services to you, for technical support or other similar purposes and to establish and maintain customer accounts.
- Research and development.
We use your Personal Data for research and development purposes, including improving our websites, applications, services, and customer experience and for other research and analytical purposes dedicated to improving our products, services, businesses, operations and processes.
- Legal compliance.
We use your Personal Data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request.
- To protect us and others.
Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, terms, and other policies.
We will use your Personal Data for the above Purposes only, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose (for preserving particular evidence under the applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations, or in the context of legal statutes of limitation for example). If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you prior this further Personal Data processing and provide you the relevant privacy information notice.
What is the legal basis for processing of your Personal Data?
As a responsible company, we need a lawful basis for collecting and/or processing your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in the GDPR and the relevant applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations.
The legal basis for processing your Personal Data under this Privacy Notice are:
- To comply with contractual obligations.
When you subscribe to a particular service through the Website, the purposes of processing your Personal Data are primarily determined by that service and we will process your information so that we can provide that service to you.
- As a result of your consent.
When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by us for certain services through the Website, you can withdraw consent. For further information on the right of withdrawal, please see below Section “What are your rights?” and “How to exercise your rights and/or contact Airbus in respect of your Personal Data?”
- Within the scope of a legitimate interest.
On occasion taking into account the minimum privacy impact for you, the processing of your personal data might be necessary for the following legitimate interest:
- For fraud detection and prevention and investigation of criminal acts
- For Compliance with foreign law, law enforcement, court and regulatory bodies’ requirements
- For Information, system, network and cyber security within Airbus
- For General Corporate Operations and Due Diligence
- For Product development and enhancement (incl. the analysis and optimization of the Website/ Process/ Application/ Newsletter)
- For Communications, marketing and intelligence
Who will receive your Personal Data?
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following recipient(s) on a strict need to know basis and for the Purposes as outlined in this Privacy Notice:
- Airbus and its affiliates;
- Authorised persons working for or on behalf of Airbus, including our agents, service providers and advisers providing the variety of products and services we need;
- Other authorised third parties in connection with any merger, reorganization, a sale of some or all Airbus assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Law enforcement or government authorities or other legal process to comply with applicable law, or in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
Which countries and/or regions will Airbus transfer your Personal Data to?
Airbus processes your Personal Data mostly in the EEA. On occasion Personal Data is transferred to the relevant recipients as described in Section “Who will receive your Personal Data?”, on a need-to-know basis, including entities outside the EEA.
This transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, within Airbus through the legal framework of our Binding Corporate Rules (“BCR”), that can be found on our website www.airbus.com or viewed here Airbus BCR's or through alternative contractual frameworks or relevant adequacy decision where the relevant data recipients as defined in Section “Who will receive your Personal Data?” is engaged to help us.
Our Binding Corporate Rules allow us to transfer Personal Data within our international organization, and they include a list of countries (below) which are structured to allow us to transfer Personal Data to the countries where we have a presence. Below is a list of countries where Airbus operates:
Algeria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.
How long will your Personal Data be stored?
We process and store your Personal Data
For at least [Number] [Day / Months / Years]
- from the date of [collection / our last interaction with you]
- after the end of the contractual relationship
- according to statutory requirements or industry guidelines
- according to legal/regulatory requirements
- Until you close/delete your account
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- As long as necessary to provide requested services
...in accordance with the GDPR or any local data protection laws requirements or as long as it is required to meet our contractual and local legal obligations.
What about the security of your Personal Data?
We use technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
Under some circumstances provided by law, you may at any time exercise your data protection rights as listed below:
- Right to access/obtain a report detailing the information held about you: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed by Airbus and if so, what specific personal data is being processed.
- Right to correct Personal Data: You have the right to rectify or request to have rectified any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the Purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data, for instance when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to object: In some cases required by law, you may ask us to stop processing your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where your consent is required, you may at any time withdraw such consent. However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services as described in section “Are you obliged to provide your Personal Data?”.
If you want to exercise your rights or you are unhappy with the way in which your Personal Data has been processed or should you have any questions regarding the processing firstname.lastname@example.org of your Personal Data, you may refer in the first instance to the Airbus Data Protection Officer, who is available, at the following email address: email@example.com or you can write to the address below:
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
In case of doubt of your identity, we may ask you to justify it by enclosing a copy of any identity document.
Are you obliged to provide your Personal Data?
Under certain circumstances, when some Personal Data is necessary to enter into a contract or to comply with legal obligation, any failure to provide the requested Personal Data may conduct us not being able to fulfil our contractual/ legal obligations or to achieve the expected results.
Are your Personal Data the basis for automated decision-making, including profiling?
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making processes, including profiling. In the event that we should use such processes, we will inform you in advance however, you can always change your cookies preferences from your web browser settings.
How to ask for assistance to the competent authorities?
If you remain unsatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. Listed below are the four main European countries where Airbus operates and the relevant Supervisory Authority
- FRANCE: CNIL: Supervisory Authority France
GERMANY: Datenschutz-hamburg: Supervisory Authority for Airbus Operations GmbH or
lda Bayern: Supervisoy Authority for Airbus Companies in Bavaria, German or any other competent regional German authority as the case may be,
- SPAIN: AGPD.Supervisory Authority Spain
- UK: ICO: Supervisory Authority UK
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Only the cookie on your device is identified.
For example, cookies may be used to facilitate secure online access so that you do not need to enter your user ID and password again.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
Please find below a table with specific information for each cookie that we may use on Connected Intelligence Website:
|NAME OF COOKIES||PURPOSE||RETENTION PERIOD|
|_ga, _gatxxx, _gid||Frequency follow-up with Google tool||Session duration (disappeared at the end of each visit)|
|AutomneSession, SimpleSAMLSessionID||Session identification||Session duration (disappeared at the end of each visit)|
|?||Session duration (disappeared at the end of each visit)|
|LiveAgent||GeoStore||Session duration (disappeared at the end of each visit)|
HOW CAN YOU DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES?
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still access and use Connected Intelligence Website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your device at any time. However, if you choose not to accept cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of our services provided by Connected Intelligence Website, it may result in a reduced availability of such services.
For the purpose of statistical analysis, we use analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, or Google Analytics. You may object at any time to the collection and analysis of statistical data regarding your access to and use of our Website by contacting us using the “contact us” function within Connected Intelligence Website.
Modification of the Privacy Notice
Airbus will update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect the changes in our practices and services and also to remain compliant to Data Protection Laws and Regulations. We will inform you of any substantial modification in how we process your Personal Data.