Satellite monitoring to manage risks and support decisions for a more sustainable environment
The ever-growing environmental pressures exerted on forestry management are now closely monitored and regulatory frameworks are being put in place to reconcile economic growth, social development and environmental stewardship.
Sustainable management of forest ecosystems is strongly encouraged and funded, for example through new monetisation mechanisms such as REDD+.
Our satellite imageryis a key enabling technology in bringing vision of the past, updated and reliable information to manage risks and support decision-making and transparency through the capacity to regularly
At Airbus we want to contribute to a more sustainable future by offering relevant and consistent insight about our environment.
Our products and services for the Forestry and Environment market
- Establish a REDD+ National Strategy, e.g. establish historical forest area changes, implement forest monitoring solution as a cornerstone of MRV systems
- Get frequent, global and accurate forest monitoring to detect hot spots, and deforestation patches
- Access customised dashboard, alerts, meaningful analytics to help make the right decision
Forest land use monitoring to achieve non-deforestation commitments
Starling provides Forest analytics for monitoring, understanding and decision-making. It’s the solution to identify issues in the forest, to prioritise actions needed, verify commitments, and above all, to drive responsible forest management.
Optical and Radar Constellation
Accurate imagery solution with a unique constellation
Take advantage of the most extensive and accurate forest surveillance solutions, with optical and radar satellite imagery, and a wealth of related products and services to better monitor the environment.
Rapid repeat coverage of the largest countries, regions and continents
Access the DMC Constellation data to support the development of your applications and services across various markets such as wide-area change detection, forestry, agriculture, disaster management, land cover mapping and environmental monitoring.
What our customers say
Responsible Sourcing Manager,
"Starling satellite monitoring is a game changer to achieve
Executive Vice President,
"Starling is a sign of hope in achieving the objectives of rebuilding the Ivorian forest cover. We hope that satellite monitoring combined with field missions in the
See our imagery in action
Test the quality of our dataHave a look at our samples and explore how our advanced satellite imagery and value-added products can support your projects.
- Agriculture Market
- Our Constellation: A unique constellation with the most extensive imagery solutions
- Verde: First-class Crop Analytics for next level Precision Farming
- Farmstar : Supporting your daily farming decision making
- Grassland: Cover cattle breeders against shortages in forage yield
- Biophysical Parameters
Did you find what you were looking for?
Speaking with the Airbus Team is the best way to get started.