Understand what information we collect, why and how you can manage your data
Related to the Airbus Intelligence website and all associated marketing activities
Airbus Defence and Space SAS and its Affiliates (also known as, “Airbus”, or “we” or “us”) appreciate your interest in our products, services and business lines. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable using our use of our Websites, Portals, various Apps, Newsletters, webinars and subscribing to our marketing communications.
Airbus is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (reference EU2016/679) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred as : “GDPR”) as well as each applicable national Personal Data protection laws and regulations (collectively referred as “Data Protection Laws and Regulations”). The protection of your privacy and Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention throughout our processes.
However, the Website will include links to other websites or applications which are not necessarily covered by this Privacy Notice. In this event, we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of such websites.
This Privacy Notice will inform you of the Personal Data we collect when you access/use our Website/Portals/Apps/ or have subscribed to marketing communications; how we use and disclose your Personal Data; how you can control the use and disclosure of your Personal Data; and how we protect your Personal Data.
Which sources and what Personal Data do we use?
Personal Data is information that can be used to identify a person either directly or indirectly (hereinafter referred as “Personal Data”). This definition covers a wide range of data enabling the identification of an individual.
The Personal Data we process under this Privacy Notice are as follows:
- Identification data: First name, surname, Prefix, gender
- Professional data: Business telephone number, email address, work address, employer name/organisation, position/job title
- Location data: country information, location of business
- IT data /Digital activity data: IP address, logs, Message sent, Upload shape file, Area of interest, Type of request, , domain, personal data to identify users
- Account information: Authentication Information, Login, Password, Preferred language We may collect this Personal Data
- Directly from you by fulfilling a form, by entering contact details, registering for events/webinars, subscribing to marketing communications and by navigating to our Websites and Portals.
- Indirectly for those Personal Data that you have made publicly available and/or from third parties in particular from industry sector activities.
What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
By using the Website/Apps or subscribing to our marketing communications, Airbus will collect and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (hereinafter referred as: the ‘Purposes’):
- Promote Products/Services (i.e. newsletters, testimonials, email marketing campaigns, location-based marketing, digital marketing campaigns etc)
- Brand Promotion & Maintenance (i.e. product updates, response to enquiries, events, public relations activities etc)
- Consumer Profiling (non-automated, track online behavior, marketing analytics, user feedback, track App usage etc)
- Prospects Generation (Gather data about potential leads from individuals, gather data about potential leads from public sources, nurture and manage the relationship etc)
- Business Intelligence (i.e. plan strategy and growth)
- IT Services (Provide and manage electronic communication interfaces e.g. API, provide IT support, test products, systems and applications, manage software and applications)
- Records Management (respond to information enquiries, provide efficient access to the information etc)
- Manage Customer Profitability (manage customer profiles, plan and forecast sales, track conversion actions etc)
- Customer Support (i.e. Manage user communities, verify identity)
- Customer/User Satisfaction (personalise customer interfaces, manage customer profiles etc)
- Protect/Manage Company Assets (Manage website security etc)
- Research and Development (i.e. track product performance, deploy bug fixes, offer online products/services etc)
- Product/Service Provision (i.e. Provide and manage electronic payments, fulfill licensing obligations, deploy new products and services to market etc)
- Legal compliance. We use your Personal Data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request.
- To protect us and others. Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, terms, and other policies.
We will use your personal information for the above Purposes only, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose (for preserving particular evidence under the applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations, or in the context of legal statutes of limitation for example). If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you prior this further Personal Data processing and provide you the relevant privacy information notice.
What is the legal basis for processing of your Personal Data?
As a responsible company, we need a lawful basis for collecting and/or processing your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in the GDPR and the relevant applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations. The legal basis for processing your Personal Data under this Privacy Notice are:
- To comply with contractual obligations.
When you subscribe to a particular service through the Website, the purposes of processing your Personal Data are primarily determined by that service and we will process your information so that we can provide that service to you.
- As a result of your consent.
When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by us for certain services through the Website/Apps or through Marketing Communications or Consent Form/Privacy Notice], you can withdraw consent. For further information on the right of withdrawal, please see below Section “What are your rights and how to exercise them?”
- Within the scope of a legitimate interest.
On occasion taking into account the minimum privacy impact for you, the processing of your personal data might be necessary for the following legitimate interest:
- For fraud detection and prevention and investigation of criminal acts. o For Compliance with foreign law, law enforcement, court and regulatory bodies’ requirements o For Information, system, network and cyber security within Airbus
- For General Corporate Operations and Due Diligence
- For Product development and enhancement (incl. the analysis and optimization of the Website/Process/Application/Newsletter
- For Communications, marketing and intelligence
- On the basis of Airbus’ legal obligations
Airbus, as any other company, is subject to legal obligations and regulations. In some cases the processing of your Personal Data will be necessary for Airbus in order to fulfil these obligations.
Who will receive your Personal Data?
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following recipient(s) on a strict need to know basis and for the purposes as outlined in this Privacy Notice:
- Authorised persons working for or on behalf of Airbus, including our partners, resellers, agents, service providers and advisers providing the variety of products and services we need.
- Airbus business partners in connection with Airbus activities (e.g. Educational Institutions for recruitment, law/consultancy firms…).
- Other authorised third parties in connection with any merger, reorganization, a sale of some or all Airbus assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Law enforcement or government authorities or other legal process to comply with applicable law, or in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
Which countries and/or regions will Airbus transfer your Personal Data to?
Airbus processes and stores your Personal Data on servers in the USA. The transfer of your personal data to the United States will be subject to your consent. By consenting to this transfer, you accept that (a) once your data is transferred to the U.S., it will be subject to the laws and regulations of the United States and its individual states, (b) those laws and regulations do not afford you the same or equivalent rights as those set forth in the GDPR.
To minimize these risks, Airbus Defence and Space SAS provides you the rights articulated in this Privacy Notice.
On occasion Personal Data is transferred to the relevant recipients as described in Section “Who will receive your Personal Data?”, on a need-to-know basis, including entities outside the EEA.
This transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, within Airbus through the legal framework of our Binding Corporate Rules, that can be found on our website www.airbus.com or viewed here Airbus BCR's or through alternative contractual frameworks (so called Standard Contractual Clauses) or relevant adequacy decision where the relevant data recipients as defined in Section “Who will receive your Personal Data?” is engaged to help us provide web-services and communications to you.
Our Binding Corporate Rules allow us to transfer Personal Data within our international organisation for Airbus daily business activity and internal organisation, and they include a list of countries where Airbus Affiliates having signed the BCR and which might have access to your Personal Data if relevant.
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, , Denmark, , Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taïwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, United States of America.
How long will your Personal Data be stored?
We process and store your Personal Data for at least 3 years from the date of our last interaction with you in accordance with the GDPR or any local data protection laws requirements or as long as it is required to meet our contractual and statutory obligations.
- Prospects personal data will be retained for 3 years
- Customer personal data will be retained for 7 years from the date of our last interaction
What about the security of your Personal Data?
We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
What are your rights?
Under some circumstances provided by law, you may at any time exercise your data protection rights as listed below:
- Right to access/obtain a report detailing the information held about you: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed by Airbus and if so, what specific personal data is being processed.
- Right to correct Personal Data: You have the right to rectify or request to have rectified any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the Purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data, for instance when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to object: In some cases required by law, you may ask us to stop processing your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where your consent is required, you may at any time withdraw such consent by contacting us at the contact details in section “How to exercise your rights and/or contact Airbus in respect of your Personal Data?”. However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services as described in section “Are you obliged to provide your Personal Data?”.
How to exercise your rights and/or contact Airbus in respect of your Personal Data?
If you want to exercise your rights or you are unhappy with the way in which your Personal Data has been processed or should you have any questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may refer in the first instance to the Airbus Data Protection Officer, who is available, at the following email address:
email@example.com or you can write to the address below:
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection,
2 rond-point Emile Dewoitine
31700 Blagnac cedex
In case of doubt of your identity, we may ask you to justify it by enclosing a copy of any identity document.
Are you obliged to provide your Personal Data?
Under certain circumstances, when some Personal Data are necessary to enter into a contract or to comply with legal obligation, any failure to provide the requested Personal Data may conduct us not being able to fulfil our contractual/legal obligations or to achieve the expected results.
Are your Personal Data the basis for automated decision-making, including profiling?
We conduct profiling when we process your Personal Data, which means that we process your personal data in order to evaluate customer segmentation, areas/products of interest.
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making processes. In the event that we should use such processes, we will advise you in advance.
How to ask for assistance to the competent authorities?
If you remain unsatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. Listed below are the four main European countries where Airbus operates and the relevant Supervisory Authority.
GERMANY: Each German federal state has its own Data Protection Authority that can be found under the following link: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html (see tab “„Aufsichtsbehörden für den nicht-öffentlichen Bereich“, i.e. Data Protection Authorities for the private sector)
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files or amount of information that may be stored to, accessed and remove from your device when you access the Intelligence Website or associated partner websites or Apps.
For instance, a “Cookie” may refer to “http cookie”, flash cookie” (used by some applications or website relying on Flash technology), local storage area of your internet browser, unique identifier calculated from your internet browser characteristics (also known as “browser fingerprinting”), or unique identifiers related to your device or your internet browser (device serial number, MAC address, Android ID, advertising ID, etc...)].
(i) to record the preferences of our users,
(ii) to enable us to optimise the design of our Website/Application,
(iii) to ease navigation, and increase the user-friendliness of[our Website/Application,
(iv) to analyse the usage of our Website/Application, and/or to identify the most popular sections of [our Website/Application],
(v) to provide content that is more accurately suited to your needs, and, in doing so, improve our Website/Application. Cookies can be used to determine whether there has been any contact between us and your device in the past,
(vi) to facilitate secure online access so that you do not need to enter your user ID and password again when you access our Website/Application.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
HOW CAN YOU DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES?
When the Cookies we use are strictly necessary for technical reasons, they are marked as “mandatory” on the table above. Those Cookies does not require consent from you. However, if you choose not to accept Cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of our services provided by our Website, it may result in a reduced availability of such services.
For the Cookies that requires a consent from you, please be informed that you can revoke this consent at any time. You can also manage and control the cookies we use, and delete them directly on our Websites through the cookies settings interface.
You can prevent Cookies from being stored on your device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can also delete Cookies already on your device at any time through your browser’s settings.
For the purpose of statistical analysis, we use analytics tools relying on specific Cookies. You may object at any time to the collection and analysis of statistical data regarding your access to and use of our Websites through the cookies settings interface mentioned above.
Modification of the Privacy Notice
Airbus will update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect the changes in our practices and services and also to remain compliant to Data Protection Laws and Regulations. We will inform you of any substantial modification in how we process your Personal Data.
Did you find what you were looking for?
Speaking with the Airbus Team is the best way to get started.