TerraSAR-X Radar Satellite ImageryFocus on the Essentials - Weather-Independent and in Near-Real-Time
TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X dependably acquire high-resolution and wide-area radar images independent of the weather conditions. The two satellites feature a unique geometric accuracy that is unmatched by any other spaceborne sensor. With the upcoming addition of PAZ, the three almost identical satellites will be operated in a constellation and will deliver optimized revisit time, increased coverage and improved service.
Serving a Broad Range of Markets
TerraSAR-X is specifically optimised to meet the requirements of users around the globe, who require readily available, high-quality and precise Earth observation data.
|Defence & Intelligence|
|Oil/ Gas & Minerals|
- Flexible coverage and resolution: very high resolution for specific target areas, large area coverage for regional monitoring as well as everything in between!
- Excellent geometric and radiometric accuracy
- Quick and easy access thanks to flexibly ordering options and a comprehensive network of ground stations
TerraSAR-X: Highly Complementary with Optical Imagery
All TerraSAR-X acquisition modes are highly complementary with the full portfolio of Airbus Defence and Space’s constellation capabilities - particularly the high resolution SPOT 6 & 7 imagery or even very high resolution Pléiades imagery.
A combination of radar and optical imagery is particularly valuable for reliable monitoring needs or derivation of complementary information.
- TerraSAR-X Online Archive
- TerraSAR-X Direct Access Services
- TerraSAR-X Technical Documents
- Radar Mosaics
- Reliable Construction Monitoring with TerraSAR-X
- Study Surface Movement Monitoring with TerraSAR-X
- Baghdad's Deteriorating Security Situation
- Creating 1:5,000 Topographic Maps in Mongolia using our Satellite Constellation
Did You Know?
TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X fly in a unique formation with distances down to only a few hundred meters. They are acquiring the data basis for the WorldDEM™ - a unique global DEM of unprecedented quality, accuracy, and coverage. WorldDEM™ will be the new standard of global elevation models and will be available for the Earth’s entire land surface - pole to pole.
The TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X missions are realised in the frame of a Public Private Partnership (PPP) between the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) and Airbus Defence and Space. The scientific use of TerraSAR-X data is coordinated via DLR's TerraSAR-X Science Service System .