In light of today’s new security challenges , the need for higher content and cohesive geospatial intelligence data is critical. High resolution imagery from space is and will remain indispensable to defence and security departments gathering intelligence information.
TerraSAR-X unique capabilities (weather-independence, unrivalled resolution and accuracy) make it an ideal sensor to support sensitive decision-making in time-critical situations. With upcoming TerraSAR-X / PAZ constellation even more frequently. TerraSAR-X is ideally suited for the classification, recognition and also identification of objects (airplanes, hangars, vessels) and sites (airports, harbours) - depending on the resolution of the utilised mode.
- Very good recognition / identification potential through highest commercially available resolution
- Guaranteed and on-time information delivery due to cloud and daylight independence
- Intra-day monitoring potential due to morning and evening availabilityy
- Recognition of net-camouflaged and sheltered objects
- Potential of additional information (e.g. identification of ground moving targets)