Mobile Data Communications GatewayReal-Time, Secure Data Communications and Automatic Vehicle Location
Allowing the dynamic capture of resource location messages and data, the Mobile Data Communications Gateway (MDCG) provides support for real-time data communications, and automatic vehicle location.
It is conceived as a mechanism for bi-directional data communications with mobile resources and between mobile resources when they are associated with the same incident.
The MDCG an ‘intelligent’ gateway
The MDCG was specifically conceived as a mechanism for routing messages between a Command and Control system and mobile resource, such as fire appliances.
It is designed to act as an ‘intelligent gateway’: the MDCG maintains its own data set and is capable of acting upon the content of messages, rather than simply acting as a basic routing mechanism.
The MDCG provides emergency services with the following:
- Routing of messages between the Command and Control Centre to Mobile Resources
- Routing of messages between Mobile Resources, when they are associated with the same incident
- Maintains the relationships between Bearer Communications Identities/Call-signs (including provision for "guest" Mobile Resources) and related protocols
- Provides message logging
- Provides Mobile Resource status and location logging
- Provides message monitoring, auto-retry and exception handling (for example, negative acknowledgement)
- Provides message queue management - including prioritisation
- Performs sub-division and re-assembly of messages (when required) and protocol conversion
- Performs message compression (when required)
- Provides a user interface for Gateway administrators
- Provides facilities for extraction/storage of message logs into a relational database
The MDCG is linked to VMDS (Vehicle-Mounted Data System) via the Mobile Data Communications Interface that is deployed on the Mobile Data Terminal.
Mobile Data Communications Gateway