When information can't be gathered on the ground, look to the sky.
Rapidly growing infrastructure projects such as the Highway 183/71/Airport Blvd interchange upgrade between Austin, Texas and the airport can't be tracked from ground. Construction of new lanes, overpasses, and exit ramps is proceeding at varying rates through a busy area. Engineering firms need to track progress at multiple phases for many applications:
- Validating that construction milestones are reached on specific dates
- Ensuring correct materials are stored onsite and ready to use
- Detecting anomalies, such as construction outside the right of way
- Tracking change over time
- Staging crews and equipment to arrive promptly for the next phase of work
This information can't be provided efficiently, comprehensively or cost effectively with drones or aircraft.