Integrating WorldDEM™ as a reliable and precise reference layer into operations and applications provides for a single confidence scale and enhances the performance of a wide range of systems and equipment.
WorldDEM™ Thematic Layers and Derivatives
Elevation Model of choice for all global applications
Most consistent, homogenous and accurate Elevation Model for high-quality image orthorectification on a Global Scale
- An elevation information layer optimised for the orthorectification of high-resolution (HR) and very high resolution (VHR) optical satellite data
- Global off-the-shelf availability
- Available in large areas (global, continent, DRS cone, country)
- A single-source Digital Elevation Model, automatically produced, 24m posting, based on the WorldDEMcore (smoothing, filtering and filling depending on terrain and land use)
- Ensures that the orthorectified image is free of artefacts
- Minimises distortions in the orthorectified image induced by the topography of the landscape
- Ideally suited for DRS and satellite operators and anyone wishing to orthorectify their imagery
Most accurate Digital Terrain Model (DTM) on a Global Scale
- Automatically generated Digital Terrain Model (DTM) meeting basic quality requirements
- Bare Earth: man-made objects and vegetation are removed
- Consistent and uniform resolution of 24m
- WorldDEM DTMlite profits from the high precision of the WorldDEMTM product which serves as input to the automated process
- Closes gaps in the market between LiDAR and existing large area elevation models
- Available globally off-the-shelf
WorldDEM Ocean Shoreline
Homogeneous, gap-free and single-source shoreline mapping
- Replacing GSHHS (Global Self-consistent, Hierarchical, High-resolution Shoreline Database)
- Delineation of the shoreline derived from global WorldDEM dataset (vectorised)
- Representing the water-land-mark at the time of data collection
- Consistent and uniform resolution of 12m: vectors without any topological errors or gaps
- Including river mouths on ocean level (zero elevation)
- Using the latest available satellite imagery further enhances the shoreline to account for any recent temporal changes (new ports, marinas, jetties, breakwaters, beach erosion or accretion)
- Update possible with TerraSAR-X or other satellite data as required e.g. after a tsunami event
WorldDEM Hydro Layer
High resolution hydrological mapping & modelling
- Homogeneous and accurate
information on a global scale For regional and global analysis and modelling (map scale 1:25,000) Contains vector data of lakes and rivers derived from the WorldDEM amplitude data Optional: vector data of stream lines (drainage network) derived from the WorldDEM elevation data Replacing existing standard (SWBD - SRTM Water Body Data)
WorldDEM Clutter Map
Development and planning of mobile network infrastructure
- Bundle of WorldDEM elevation data clutter map
- High resolution (24m pixel spacing)
- Globally available
- Off-the-shelf delivery / On-demand
- The clutter map, delivered together with a WorldDEM 24m product, shows the physical coverage of the Earth’s surface, divided into several land cover classes. It is a composite of the medium resolution Land Cover Map provided by the European Copernicus Global Land Service and high resolution feature classes mapped by Airbus.
Our products in action
PASSAGES - Or Planning of Radar Tower Locations in the Northwest Passage with WorldDEMThe Northwest Passage, the connection between the North Atlantic and Pacific Ocean, is approximately 5,780km long. It runs through the Canadian Arctic Archipelago and is a complex winding maze of channels, bays, and straits that pass through often ice-choked Arctic waters, an area virtually impassable in the past. However in recent years, due to climate change, both commercial and leisure traffic are now able to pass through this region.
Sustainable Hydropower Programme Feasibility Study in Indonesia with WorldDEM DTMThe Indonesian State Electricity Company aims to implement a sustainable hydropower programme to meet Indonesia’s rising electricity demand.
- WorldDEM ™ Neo - WorldDEM™: The next level of global Elevation Data
- Our Reference Layers: Enhancing your data with our highly precise range of geometric information
- Our Constellation: A unique constellation with the most extensive imagery solutions
- Find your Imagery Solution: Select your needs and we will find the best imagery product for you
Did you find your solution?
Looking for information? Speaking with the Airbus Team is the best way to get started.