With the addition of PAZ, we will revolutionise the acquisition capabilities of our SAR constellation. The North-West Passage - a sea route through the Arctic Sea of 5780km length, along the Northern coast of North America - is currently covered quite quickly (within approx. 100 hours) using TerraSAR-X Wide ScanSAR acquisitions.
Get Ready for PAZ!
In 2018, the PAZ satellite (owner and operator: Hisdesat*) will be launched into the same orbit as TerraSAR-X /TanDEM-X yielding the new TerraSAR-X / PAZ Constellation. You will benefit from strongly improving revisit times, increased acquisition capacity, compatible acquisition modes and one-stop-shop ordering - independent whether you need TerraSAR-X/TanDEM-X or PAZ.
* Hisdesat is an international commercial provider of X- and Ka-band satellite communications services for government applications.
- Significantly reduced revisit time:
- Daily revisit for image intelligence or monitoring
- 4 / 7 days for interferometric applications (i.e. surface movement monitoring or coherence change detection)
- Enhanced acquisition capacity for monitoring and mapping applications
- Identical imaging modes and image characteristics
- Easy ordering through one order desk, single catalogue and one pricelist
It’s all about Revisit!
With the TerraSAR-X / PAZ Constellation in place, data acquisition will be dramatically accelerated: Acquisition time for covering the whole passage will reduce to only 24 hours!