Astrium fully integrates Spot Image and Infoterra into new GEO Information Business Division
- Satellite imagery and geo-information specialists Spot Image and Infoterra, subsidiaries of Astrium Services, will combine forces to form its new GEO-Information business division
- The GEO-Information division will now offer a unique one-stop-shop portfolio of multisource, multi-resolution optical and radar satellite imagery under the Astrium brand
- Committed to continuity, innovation and investment with Astrium's financial and R&D resources to fully serve the needs of customers worldwide.
In January 2011, a single operational management structure will be implemented, bringing together the imagery and services experts Spot Image and Infoterra to form the new GEO-Information division of Astrium Services.
With more than 25 years’ experience, the GEO-Information division will now offer a fully-consolidated product and services portfolio under the Astrium brand covering the entire geographic information services value chain: from satellite imagery to high value-added solutions.
“Astrium Services is focused on becoming the world leader in the field of geo-information solutions. Our recent commitment to financing the next generation of SPOT satellites and the current TerraSAR-X and most recent TanDEM-X missions are a clear demonstration of our ambition,” said Astrium Services’ CEO, Eric Béranger.
Patrick Le Roch, the new Divisional Managing Director of the GEO-Information division, added, “Our customers will now benefit from unrivalled expertise across the entire geo-information value chain. We will be able to respond to their complex needs with first class efficiency, worldwide.”
With this new fully-integrated management structure, customers will enjoy simplified access to Astrium's unique extended offer of products and services provided through commercial Business Areas' teams established on a regional basis worldwide. Timeliness, accuracy and reliability remain at the centre of the GEO-Information division’s delivery strategy. Backed by Astrium's resources, R&D investment will continue to bring innovative products and services to wider regional and vertical markets.
Unique GEO solutions to be offered by this integrated division include:
- Optical and radar geo-imagery. Relying on its incomparable access to numerous Earth observation satellites, Astrium Services’ GEO-Information division will continue to promote the innovative combination of both optical and radar satellite data;
- Value-added products including 3D urban simulations and Digital Elevation Models. Access to global, highly accurate DEM coverage anywhere, regardless of relief and weather conditions is another example of a unique solution only Astrium Services can provide;
- A set of market-oriented geo-information services for markets such as Defence and Security, Agriculture, Oil & Gas, Urban planning, Insurance and Environment;
- Expertise to deliver complex project-based geo-information solutions – current examples including the development of a land administration and taxation system in Mauritius and the implementation of a national spatial data infrastructure for Serbia.
Spot Image and Infoterra integrated