Mine Monitoring SolutionsMonitor Mines with Outstanding 98% Accuracy from Space
Mining operations rely on accurate volume calculations, particularly end-of-month calculations, to estimate how much material contractors extracted from the ground, but also to estimate the efficiency of mining methods and machines. Conventional methods, such as laser scanners or plane-based surveying methods tend to not be very accurate, require staff to be on site or are very expensive.
Based on our Pléiades satellite constellation, we are now able to offer highly accurate and cost-effective mine monitoring solutions and automated services for operational mines. The high-resolution (50cm) optical satellite only needs a single stereo pair image to determine extracted volumes reliably and regularly – even in very remote and inaccessible areas. Costs and risk can be substantially minimised since staff do not have to be on site to measure volumes. Our solutions cover two areas – Change Detection Services as well as Volumetric Calculation Solutions, which are specifically developed for mines.
Change Detection Service
Our constellation now allows you to track changes over your mines, keeping you aware of movements and activities in your areas of extraction. We deliver the information in a comprehensive change detection analysis report online - straight to your desktop.
Volumetric Calculation Solution
Using satellite-based solutions provides a highly cost-effective route to calculate volumes, which benefit from daily revisit capacities of satellites and the fast acquisition of most up-to-date images – no matter where your mine is located.
We can now enable you to estimate piles, stack, earth moving volumes by using our Pléiades 50cm products .
3 Easy Steps to Assess:
Task the satellites and acquire data to:
Extract the Information to:
Deliver the Information: Report Analysis
- Cost-efficient – avoids the need to assess on-site
- No security risk for staff
- Suitable for inaccessible or restricted areas
Reliability and accuracy of the satellite imagery
- Moving 1m³ can cost up to €5
- Using paper maps and ground surveying has an error rate of up to 20%
- First studies done for Monitor Stack showed an error rate of <2%, the lowest error rate with land surveyors is 5%
- Revisit acquisition to follow up the site
- Delivery within 3 days after acquisition
- Before proposal: systematic feasibility study by our monitoring team (acquisition, photo-interpretation)
- After 1st delivery: validation by the client of the outlined contours of piles
- In case of clouds or no acquisition: attempt recredited for the next revisit window
Mine Monitoring Solutions