Get Ready for PAZ!
In 2016, the PAZ satellite (owner and operator: Hisdesat*) will be launched into the same orbit as TerraSAR-X /TanDEM-X yielding the new TerraSAR-X / PAZ Constellation. You will benefit from strongly improving revisit times, increased acquisition capacity, compatible acquisition modes and one-stop-shop ordering - independent whether you need TerraSAR-X/TanDEM-X or PAZ.
* Hisdesat is an international commercial provider of X- and Ka-band satellite communications services for government applications.
- Significantly reduced revisit time:
- Daily revisit for image intelligence or monitoring
- 4 / 7 days for interferometric applications (i.e. surface movement monitoring or coherence change detection)
- Enhanced acquisition capacity for monitoring and mapping applications
- Identical imaging modes and image characteristics
- Easy ordering through one order desk, single catalogue and one pricelist
It’s all about Revisit!
With the addition of PAZ, we will revolutionise the acquisition capabilities of our SAR constellation. The North-West Passage - a sea route through the Arctic Sea of 5780km length, along the Northern coast of North America - is currently covered quite quickly (within approx. 100 hours) using TerraSAR-X Wide ScanSAR acquisitions.
With the TerraSAR-X / PAZ Constellation in place, data acquisition will be dramatically accelerated: Acquisition time for covering the whole passage will reduce to only 24 hours!