Monitor Stack - Assess and Measure Volumes with the Help of Pléiades Satellite Imagery
Do you need to measure the volume of stock piles in an efficient, accurate and quick way? Land surveyors can often face issues in accessing the site. Our solution: Thanks to Pléiades data, only a single stereo pair is needed to determine stock levels without the need of an on-site visit.
We can now enable you to estimate piles, stack, earth moving volumes by using our Pléiades 50cm products .
3 Easy Steps to Assess:
Task the satellites and acquire data to:
Extract the Information to:
Deliver the Information: Report Analysis
- Cost-efficient – avoids the need to assess on-site
- No security risk for staff
- Suitable for inaccessible or restricted areas
- Reliability and accuracy of the satellite imagery
- Moving 1m³ can cost up to €5
- Using paper maps and ground surveying has an error rate of up to 20%
- First studies done for Monitor Stack showed an error rate of <2%, the lowest error rate with land surveyors is 5%
- Revisit acquisition to follow up the site
- Delivery within 3 days after acquisition
- Before proposal: systematic feasibility study by our monitoring team (acquisition, photo-interpretation)
- After 1st delivery: validation by the client of the outlined contours of piles
- In case of clouds or no acquisition: attempt recredited for the next revisit window
Are you interested? Do you need more information or maybe a quote?