Astrium at LAADImagery and Earth observation, telecommunications and launchers
- Astrium, number three company in the world for space technologies, is the only company to design and build launch vehicles and satellites, and to provide telecommunications and space-based imagery services
- At the LAAD Defence & Security international exhibition in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) from 9 to 12 April 2013, Astrium is reasserting its position as a global player in the space industry and space services (EADS booth, Hall 4, H50)
- Astrium will showcase its space-based imagery and surveillance solutions (press briefings on 10 and 11 April, 3.30 pm on the Astrium booth) along with its civil and military telecommunications solutions
4 April 2013 – Astrium, European leader and third worldwide in the space industry, will be presenting the following products and services on its booth (EADS, Hall 4, H50) at the LAAD Defence & Security 2013 exhibition from 9 to 12 April at the Riocentro exhibition centre in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
Imagery and Earth observation
- ‘In-orbit proven’ satellites Pléiades and SPOT 6, which are capable of taking high-resolution and very high-resolution images of a selected point anywhere on Earth every day,
- Astrium is a world leader in design and manufacture of optical and radar Earth observation satellites, of varying resolution and provides satellite systems to a number of countries for both civil and military needs.
- GO Monitor, a civil surveillance service for monitoring the daily changes of a selected site anywhere in the world, and Astrium Services’ imagery solutions, which are regularly used to monitor civil engineering structures like football stadiums,
- Pierre Duquesne, Astrium’s general manager in Brazil for Geo-information services, will introduce space-based imagery solutions for Brazil and take questions from the media regarding space-based imagery services on 10 and 11 April at 3.30 pm in the meeting room on the Astrium booth (EADS, Hall 4, H50). Please confirm attendance with the Astrium LAAD press contact, see below.
- Eurostar E3000, the platform exported around the world for communications satellites that have now accumulated 450 years of successful in-orbit operation,
- Civil and military telecom services, in all frequency bands, already in use by the private sector, NGOs, public bodies and Defence departments worldwide.
- Ariane 5, the most reliable launch vehicle currently in operation in the commercial market, for which Astrium is prime contractor.
Astrium LAAD contacts
- Jean-Noël Hardy, Astrium’s managing director in Brazil, will take questions from the media on Astrium booth (EADS, Hall 4, H50) to find out more about the many civil and military uses of space technology.
- Press contact: Alexandre Gonzaga - +55 61 8402-9828 - firstname.lastname@example.org