Geological interpretation in Iraq
Airbus Defence and Space can provide timely and cost-effective solutions for problems associated with the assessment and future planning of exploration blocks in areas of high security risk and political sensitivity.
This non-exclusivestructural interpretation study of Iraq, extends the company’s portfolio of geospatial solutions for oil & gas exploration.
A regional structural interpretation of Northern and Southern Iraq was carried out at scales ranging from 1:250 000 to 1:50 000 in areas of structural complexity.
- Regional evaluation
- Seismic planning
- Risk assessment
- Terrain analysis
- Logistics planning
GIS database containing:
- Orthorectified Landsat data (15m and 30m)
- 90m SRTM DEM (raw & enhanced)
- faults, classified into thrust, strike-slip, extension & unclassified major/minor
- folds showing sense of vergence and direction of fold plunge
- relative dip of bedding
- indication of possible sub-surface structures
- Major lithological/stratigraphic units
- Three hardcopy 1:500 000 scale overview map sheets
- Summary PowerPoint report